Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo is here!

I have signed up for NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month.  For the month of November, I will be attempting to write my mystery/romance novel.  (I have been providing snipets of it on my blog under Hillside/Nate/Anna).   I don't have the title yet;  I'm hoping it will become evident as I write the story. 

The synopsis is:


NATE vows to never love again after his marriage proposal is rudely rebuked. Now, 10 years later, he is drawn to a 100- year old portrait of a beautiful young girl named ANNA. She speaks to him through his dreams. As he rushes to free her from the spell trapping her, he discovers his self confidence, his ability to love again, and his one true soul mate.


I may be absent from the site while I push forward to write 50,000 words of this story in November. 

If something strikes my fancy, and I think its worth sharing, I'll let you know.

I'll be back soon.  In the mean time, please look back at some of the posts/stories/prompts/poetry I have written.  If you see something you are particularly taken with, please let me know! Thanks for following along!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you!! See you at the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the journey,Parrot! It will be fun -- and regardless of how much you write, how 'finished' your novel is on December 1, you will be AMAZED at how much you learn about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story you've got in the cooker!!! I'm excited for you and hope every day of November is an adventure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll be posting some excerpts sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will - maybe this weekend! I am amazed at how much time ADL's take up when you are trying to get a block of time to write. (ADL Activities of Daily Living) :)

    ReplyDelete