Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Sunshine Award



The Sunshine Award is a lovely sunny flower that bloggers give to other “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.

sunshine award


Thanks to Dana Mason, the amazing author/blogger who passed the award to me. Check out her blog post here: http://danamasonromance.com/blog/

As with most awards, the Sunshine Award comes with a few simple rules:

(1) Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post.
(2) Do the Q&A below
(3) Pass on the award to deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.

Here are my answers to the questions:

Favorite Color:  Green – the color of all growing things. 


Favorite Animal: My kitties Bella and Maya. Maya just turned 19 last month and Bella will turn 20 in July. They are mere images of themselves in the earlier years, but precious and lovable even still.  

Favorite Number: Hum… How about 10. As in $10.00!

Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: Hot tea (Earl Grey, if you please) and good ol’ water!

Facebook or Twitter: I just signed up for twitter and am still getting familiar with it. Looks like a lot of work to keep up with, but I’ll keep plugging away at it. I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on Facebook. 

Your Passion: My eight grandkids (the oldest and the youngest not in the picture)

my garden,

and my writing!


Giving or getting presents: With eight grandkids, there are a lot of presents to buy! It’s fun figuring out the best gift for each one. I love surprising my husband, too. And yep, I love receiving presents!
Favorite Day: Since I’m retired, EVERY day is a great day!

Favorite Flowers: Some of my favorite flowers are clematis, roses, delphiniums,  lupine, hydrangeas, rhododendrons, peonies, and dahlias, all of which are in my garden.

Finally, these are a few fantastic bloggers I’m tagging for this award. They have each taught me invaluable lessons and inspired me to keep writing.


Gabriela Pereira  http://diymfa.com/
Julie Larson  http://www.storystar.com/

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love hydrangeas too. :) You're garden looks so beautiful, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet. Being on your list is heartwarming and I sincerely appreciate it. What would we do without each other encouraging and supporting each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks so much! and congrats on your award. I love your flower list (dahlias, yay!). You have a wonderful looking garden. And yes, it's easy to get into a time-suck vortex with Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally re-entering the world of the living after a bad bout of bronchitis. Love your pictures! LOVE the whiteboard for diagramming (or whatever). Your grandkids are adorable.

    Now it's time for me to get busy on this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you are the one person who most deserves this award! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete